So tonight I stopped off at the Safeway for a light grocery shopping escapade. You know, the basics: milk, eggs, fruits 'n' veggies, and donuts. As I walked into the store I was greeted by a very friendly, snack laden kiosk. And yes, I gave in and got myself a "skinny" turkey sandwich, to offset the extra calories hiding in the donuts.
When I got home I was pretty excited to chow down. I opened my sandwich to put mayo on it and this is what I discovered:
ok, I know this is a minor thing...but why do they so frequently do this? All the turkey AND the lettuce is clumped in a ball in the middle of the bread. It doesn't go out to the corners or even to the edges, and once you re-distribute the turkey, you can see they probably did it that way to make it look bigger. PEOPLE. YOU NEED TO SPREAD YOUR INGREDIENTS OUT. if you are too lazy to do it, then for christssakes get a smaller piece of bread.
Anyhow, this terrible experience this evening got me to thinking about other things that really need to be rectified here on planet earth. Here are a few...
1. (Appears above)
2. Perfume-y products designed to hide the smell of something that stinks (kitty litter, for example.) because yes, poop + perfume = better than just poop. (NOT.)
3. Blue carnations and cyan colored orchids.
4. People who hear "YES" or "MAYBE" when what you said was "NO."
5. People who are too wimpy to say "NO." So they say, "maybe" and then simply become unavailable or elusive at the designated time.
6. Plastic pour spouts in milk cartons. Seriously, folks...was it that hard to unfold the paper tops?
7. People who never stop talking, because it's the people who never stop talking that seem to have the least to say.
8. People who say they have a top ten list when all they have is 7. :)